Grady and I had a surplus of pattypan squash and carrots from our garden that I put in the food processor to make these muffins.
2 cups white whole wheat flour
(1/3 cup wheat germ can be substituted for 1/3 cup of flour)
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 Tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. grated lemon or orange zest
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini (I mixed zucchini and carrot together)
Coombine all wet ingredients in one bowl, then all dry ingredients in another. Combine the two, then add the grated zucchini. Grease muffin tin or bread loaf pan. I added coconut and nuts on the tops of the muffins. You can also add this into the batter along with any type of fruit or raisins.
(You can make these into muffins or bread loaf)
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-23 mins for muffins or 35 mins for bread.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment